Your Google Business Profile is crucial for your business to establish yourself as trustworthy and credible. It provides a platform to showcase your business’ best features and engage with customers. Moreover, your Google Business Profile can help your business rank higher in local search results, making it easier for potential customers to find you online.
Although it’s easy to set up a Google Business Profile, one major mistake business owners make is not keeping it up-to-date.
When was the last time you updated yours?
What is Google Business Profile?
Google Business Profile is a free service provided by Google that helps businesses manage their online presence on Google. You may have heard Google Business Profile (GBP) called “Google My Business.” Google changed the name of Google My Business to Google Business Profile in 2021.
Your Google Business Profile provides accurate information about your business, including hours of operation, address, phone number, and customer reviews. This information is displayed on Google Maps and Google Search, making it easier for potential customers to discover and learn more about your business.
Here’s how you can create, claim, or optimize your Google Business Profile:
How do I check if I already have a Google Business Profile?
You will likely have a Google Business Profile if you have a business. If you don’t know if you have a Google Business Profile, here are the steps to check if you already have a profile and how you can claim your Google Business Profile.
- Go to Google Maps: Visit maps.google.com and search for your business by its name and address.
- Check the information: If your business appears on the map, click on it to see the information displayed. This information is pulled from your Google Business profile if you have one.
How do I claim my Google Business Profile?
- Follow the steps above by checking if you already have a Google Business Profile.
- Check for a “Claim this business” option: If you don’t have a Google Business profile, you will see a “Claim this business” option. If you see this option, you can follow the steps to create a new profile for your business.
- Check your Google Account: If you need to check if you have a Google Business profile, log in to your Google account and go to the Google My Business dashboard. If you already have a profile, you’ll see a list of your locations and their profiles. If you don’t have a profile, you can create one from the dashboard.
How to create a Google Business Profile:
Step 1: Create your profile
- Go to google.com/business
- Click on the ‘Manage now’ button.
- Enter your business name, address, and phone number.
- If your business already exists, you can claim it by following the steps provided.
Step 2: Verify your business
- Verify your business by choosing a verification method (mail, phone, or email)
- You will receive a code to enter on the website to verify your business.
- Once you have verified your business, you can add more information to your profile, such as a description, photos, and business hours.
How do I optimize my Google Business Profile?
- Add a clear and concise business description that highlights your services and products.
- Upload high-quality photos of your business, products, and services.
- Ensure that your business hours are up-to-date and accurate
- Encourage customers to leave reviews by responding to them and thanking them for their feedback
- Keep your business information up-to-date, including your address, phone number, and business hours.
Respond to Reviews
Responding to your customer reviews shows that you care about their experience and are committed to providing good customer service. Responding to reviews can help you build trust and credibility with potential customers.
Negative reviews are not fun. But, being honest, you’re not going to be everyone’s cup of tea. Every business receives negative reviews. Responding to negative reviews can help to mitigate the damage they can cause to your business and shows that you take customer feedback seriously and are dedicated to resolving the issue.
Responding to reviews also improves your business’s SEO. Google considers engagement on your business profile as a sign of relevance and authority, which can help improve your visibility in local search results.
Reviews can also give you insight into your customer’s experience, including areas where you may need to improve.
In conclusion, having a Google Business Profile is a must for your business to establish yourself as trustworthy and credible online. Taking the time to update your Google Business Profile gives you more opportunities to generate new leads and sales for your business.
Would you like to learn more about how we can help you optimize your Google Business Profile? Schedule a free call with us today.